Skip to main content
College Bound Adult Children
August 19, 2018 at 9:00 AM

When your children turn 18 they become legal adults and often move away to college. It may be many years until they marry or have a family of their own. In the meantime, it is very important that your adult child signs a Health Care Directive / Living Will with HIPAA waivers and a General Durable Power of Attorney so that you or the other parent or a sibling could help them in a medical, legal or financial emergency. These forms can now be created for $49 on for each state. We test drove them and found them to be very comprehensive. We encourage all parents, not just our clients, to make sure their young adult children have these forms complete and safeguarded in case of emergency.